INSTALL THE imToken WALLET
GET & TRANSFER ETHER TO imToken WALLET
SEND ETHER TO THE ZVT ADDRESS
Scroll down for a step-by-step walkthrough
Time left till close of ZVT ICO
HOW TO INSTALL THE imToken WALLET
In order to hold cryptocurrencies you’ll need a wallet. There are many wallets to choose from. Every wallet has a public address consisting of 42 characters (digits and letters). It’s like a bank account number where you can send and receive your cryptocurrencies. Our Zero Value Token requires the Wallet imToken. So if you want some ZVT you’ll need to install the imToken Wallet on your smartphone.
- Create a wallet by giving it a name and a secure password.
- Backup your wallet as described in the app.
- Your wallet’s adress will now appear on the screen. This is where you need to send your Ether first (see step 2).
HOW TO GET ETHER
In order to participate in the ICO you first need to convert your traditional currency (Dollars, Euros, Swiss Francs, …) to Ether (ETH). This is the second most popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin and is used on the Ethereum blockchain. We show you three ways how you can do the conversion:
Cryptocurrency exchanges are websites where you can buy, sell or exchange cryptocurrencies for other digital currency or traditional currency like US dollars or Euro. There are many exchanges you can use. One of the most well-known ones is Kraken.
Below you can watch how to
- set-up an account
- get verified and
- exchange traditional currency to ETH.
Make sure, you purchase ETH as you can buy ZVT only with ETH.
Another popular exchange is Bitpanda. Check out YouTube for Bitpanda walthrough videos.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT SEND YOUR ETH DIRECTLY FROM THE EXCHANGE. TRANSFER THEM TO THE imToken WALLET FIRST AND SEND THE ETH FROM THERE.
You have the possibility to get your hands on cryptocurrencies via an ATM. You can check here if there’s a crypto-ATM close to you. Most probably the ATM will exchange your traditional currency for Bitcoins only.
Converting Bitcoins to Ether
The imToken wallet, which is required for the ZVT, doesn’t support Bitcoin so you will need a wallet that supports Bitcoin and ETH. We like the Jaxx wallet. No need to sign up, slick design and intuitive. So load your Bitcoin on a wallet such as Jaxx, convert the Bitcoins to ETH and then transfer them to the imToken wallet. Just watch below walkthrough video. Easy!
SBB ticket machines
If you live in Switzerland you can also get cryptocurrencies at any SBB ticket machine. It’s very easy and convenient BUT you’ll pay for it. They charge around 9% in fees, which is too much in our opinion. As of now you can only buy Bitcoins so you then need to convert your Bitcoins to ETH.
Watch the walkthrough video below (in German).
Converting Bitcoins to Ether
The imToken wallet, which is required for the ZVT, doesn’t support Bitcoin so you will need a wallet that supports Bitcoin and ETH. We like the Jaxx wallet. No need to sign up, slick design and intuitive. So load your Bitcoin on a wallet such as Jaxx, convert the Bitcoins to ETH and then transfer them to the imToken wallet. Just watch the Jaxx Tutorial video. Easy!
HOW TO SEND YOUR ETH TO THE ZVT ADDRESS
Before you can participate in the ICO make sure that you have
- installed the imToken Wallet and
- transferred the desired amount of ETH to the imToken Wallet.
- Great, now you can go ahead and scan the QR code in the grey section below as shown here.
- Activate the “Advance” mode, which lets you define the transaction fee. Custom Gas Price: 21 gwei. Custom Cas: 250’000. This will cost you a little over a Dollar but you have higher chances that the transaction will go through. Enter the amount in ETH that you wish to send and hit Next.
- Check all the details again on the displayed Payment Request and hit Confirm.
- Wait for the transaction to be processed. Your ZVT will be displayed shortly after in your imToken wallet (you may have to close the app and restart it).
ICO is closed - do NOT send anymore ETH! Thank you!The QR code